A little bohemian, a little chic.

Radiant Orchid

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

FIDM came to my school yesterday for a quick presentation, and I learned of Pantone's wonderful color of the year: Radiant Orchid. Honestly, I thought the whole 'color of the year' thing was just something women's magazines made up to make consumers buy more (probably true), but with all of  my classmates nodding their heads in acknowledgement like this was old news, I felt pretty out of the loop. Nonetheless, I am loving this color.

It seems to be in the middle of pink and purple depending on the fabrics and materials used, but I like how it's a bit more androgynous (which is also a huge current trend!) than most colors- it can be soft and edgy at the same time.

And while I don't personally think I could pull off a "Radiant Orchid" dress, I will totally be opting for some smaller statement pieces and accessories of the color!

Radiant Orchid


No comments

Post a Comment

Five Feet of Fashion. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.