A little bohemian, a little chic.

Let me bring you up to speed

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Let me start off by saying that I am SO sorry for the lack of posts lately. Not that anyone is really losing sleep over my blog hiatus (or has probably even noticed), but it definitely hinders my credibility. No one really gets taken seriously for posting every few months. I started this project to stimulate my involvement in the fashion world and keep myself intrigued, but I've been so insanely busy with school and work and well, life. Life has gotten in the way, and I haven't had much time to pump out some quality posts-which in my opinion is way more important than posting really pointless, crappy posts everyday for no reason.

But besides my October blog hibernation, I have been pretty peachy. I've been workin', schoolin', hangin', yoga + pilate'in, and doing a whole lot of drivin'. And with that being said, I will be doing all of these things for the next month or so, so any kind of consistent blogging schedule may be placed on hold until the end of the semester. But I promise to try and get this thing going in the near future.   


A bigger issue that I've come across is that I am photographer-less. I have always wanted to go the more personal route- documenting my own experiences (and outfits), but I am unsure of how to do so on my own. I am aware that most fashion bloggers have a photographer friend/significant other to take these photos, but I am limited in the amount of people I know who are comfortable behind a camera. So, this leaves me to attempt on my own... which is, yes, you're thinking it... Awkward. With a capital A. I just kind of change the aperture/focus, snap some pictures, and hope a few turn out kind of neat. Exhibit A: Photos above and below.

Dress// MINKPINK
So, here's my question for you! 
I, by no means, am a photographer. Nor am I a model. And I am not trying to claim that I am. I also don't want it to seem like I think I'm 'the shit', or conceited by snapping a few photos of myself and using them like I have above. How do YOU recommend I go about this? Self timer? Remote? Friend?

XO, Melissa 

No comments

Post a Comment

Five Feet of Fashion. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.