A little bohemian, a little chic.

//Fall Blues

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Fall is right around the corner, and there's nothing more frustrating and more satisfying than finding a pair of jeans that you can truly say, "They fit like a glove!". After three or four months of wearing shorts and skirts, squeezing back into those skinny jeans can seem like a challenge. But with some solid, quality blues, it doesn't have to be!

I chose 8 different styles that I believe are fall staples that are versatile enough to go with the majority of wardrobes. I live in my favorite three pairs of jeans, which are basic black skinnies, denim skinnies, and printed skinnies, so I found new versions and included them in this set. But with this fall's trends taking relaxed, grunge, and military directions, it only makes sense that I added in a few others.

The first is the mid-rise denim skinny by Paige. I find that these would be perfect to throw a sweater on and lounge around in, or even throw on some heels like the photo and dress up. The second next pair is a floral skinny by 7 for All Mankind. I love a single piece that can instantly make a whole outfit stand out, and printed jeans are one of my favorite ways to do so! The next pair is Madewell's brand new high riser skinny skinny denim, which I can't wait to try out. Their jeans never fit me well in the hips and thighs because I'm not exactly the target height for their brand, but this new material is supposed to be stretchier and more form fitting than their other washes. The next pair is an army green skinny army green ankle jean by BDG. I'm all about army green in the fall- jackets, blouses, tees- and a good ankle jean is perfect to pair with boots, oxfords, and flats. The next two pairs are basic skinnies, in maroon (Paige) and black (Madewell), which I basically live in year round, so adding a color like maroon just adds a little variety! The 7th pair is a hit or miss for most, and you really have to have the shape for them so you don't look like you're lost in the 80's sans mullet. But if I could pull them off, I'd wear the hell out I'd these with cardigans and tees! The last pair is one of my favorites, simply because they look so unique. The design is very modern without going overboard, and the zippers add a little more dimension. Just as with floral denim, it's a great way to dress up an outfit with one piece.


Fall Blues.



Paige Denim skinny jeans / MOTHER jeans / 7 For All Mankind / Madewell boyfriend jeans / Madewell / Madewell skinny jeans / BDG cigarette-leg jeans / Paige Denim , $330

Hope you all are as ready for fall as I am! Bring on the jeans, and bring on the pumpkin!  

No comments

Post a Comment

Five Feet of Fashion. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.