A little bohemian, a little chic.

//Quick Post: Flowers in her Hair

Friday, July 12, 2013


Hi everyone! 
It's been raining like crazy for the past few weeks here in Georgia, so it sure doesn't feel like it, but it's still summer. And for me summer means music festivals, which means some of the best performances (and fashion) you'll see all year. Fringe boots, crop tops, maxi skirts, awesome boho jewelry  tie dye, and my personal favorite... Flower crowns! By no means is it new, but the trend has finally been caught onto by non-festival goers, and stores like Urban Outfitters, Free People and Anthropologie are making it easy for people to find super cute ones to add a little spunk to their everyday outfits! 


I stay connected by a handful of social networks, and I've followed different bloggers and companies (Check out the beautiful Flower Crown Society) that are putting their spins on the accessory, so I figured why don't I? I had been wanting to make myself one for a few months now, but my laziness had gotten the best of me and I simply never made time for it. But with the rain putting a damper on any chance of getting outside, I finally decided it was the perfect craft to keep me busy and do something (somewhat) productive.  



So after testing the water with my first crown, I decided it was a lot of fun and somewhat therapeutic to handcraft something like this, and opened up an Etsy account to list it! (ugh, sorry for the cheesy shop name... I felt like a 12 year old creating an email account. I'll see if I can come up with something a little  more fluid)  So, I'll be making a few over the next few weeks in my spare time, and if it goes anywhere, then I guess I'll have a little hobby on the side! You can check it out here, or by using the link at the top of the page! Have a great day, everyone!




No comments

Post a Comment

Five Feet of Fashion. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.